Cyber threats are increasing, and becoming more sophisticated with new capabilities. New digitalisation within critical national infrastructure (such as the rail industry) has created a bridge between safety critical systems and the broader transport network. This connectivity creates opportunities and vulnerabilities.
In the webinar we will cover:
• An introduction of a train’s digital systems and how they are connected
• How new digitalisation poses a risk to safety critical systems
• Thinking of cyber security as more than a tick box exercise
• An overview of relevant design frameworks, regulations and standards
• Guidance and next steps for a better and safer running of the whole rail network
By understanding where the potential risks are, and how a cyber incident could be used to affect the integrity of a rolling stock network and its systems, the audience will better understand the important role cyber security plays in the safe running of the rail industry, and feel more able to engage with their IT and cyber security colleagues and work towards an integrated approach on safety and cyber security.
Presenter - Dr Emma Taylor, Head of Digital Safety, RazorSecure