In this webinar Andrew Protheroe, Director of Risk and Resilience, PCR Global will cover:
- Critical importance of perception, hazard identification and risk assessment in a situational context
- How training and teamwork can save lives
- Introduction to ERM (Enterprise Risk Management)
- Overlaps between security and safety – each can learn from the other
- The mental health and career benefits of life-long learning.
About the speaker - Andrew Protheroe:
In 2005 Andrew left the UK military to work as private security in Iraq. He had left school with no qualifications. During his time in Iraq he was involved in multiple attacks against his team.
The final incident which led Andrew to health and safety was an IED attack on the vehicle in which he was the PPO (personal protection officer). After this he developed a healthy but obsessive interest in study in risk management and personal development.
Andrew is now Head of Risk and Resilience for PCR Global which he started in March 2019 after being made redundant.