The global travel and tourism sector has been hit particularly hard by the Covid-19 pandemic. As the sector is trying to restart, we will look into new protocols, case studies, and essential tools for OSH professionals and business managers for ensuring protection, safety and health of their workforce in the travel and tourism industry, as operations move to the “new normal”.
With the right health and safety measures in place, the travel and tourism sector can be a powerful vehicle to drive recovery. For that reason, the UN World Tourism Organisation encourages the global private sector to train personnel in safety and security protocols and to partner with health and safety brands and health providers (UNWTO Global Guidance to Restart Tourism).
In this webinar we will present the new World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) protocols to restart the travel and tourism industry, provide practical case studies of businesses who have successfully adapted to the new Covid-19 reality, and explain how IOSH and partner health organisations can help businesses ensure safety and health of the workforce across the industry.
All of this and more will be presented by our expert panel:
- Tiffany Misrahi, Vice-President of Policy, World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC)
- Jonathan Nobbs, Head of Corporate Engagement, IOSH
- Marc Jordan, Group Director of Security Health and Safety, Crisis and BCM at TUI Group
- Arlette Anderson, Director of ESH, London Gatwick Airport
- Dr Mark Parrish, Regional Medical Director, International SOS
The webinar will be hosted and moderated by President of IOSH, Dr Andrew Sharman.
Who should attend this webinar:
- OSH and HR professionals in the travel and tourism industry
- Line managers and decision-makers in the travel and tourism businesses
- Tour operators
- Airports and aviation health and safety professionals
- Tourism and hospitality associations