The recent challenges related to COVID-19 and the prospect of returning to the workplace highlight the importance of personal and organisational resilience. In this webinar, we welcome Dr John Briffa who will explore the relationship between wellbeing and performance, and its relevance to organisations. He will also explore a range of practical strategies for supporting individual, team and organisational resilience.
Insights from this session include:
• How stress affects the body and brain, and the risk it poses to individuals and organisations.
• What the true underlying cause of stress is, and why stress is much more under our control than we may imagine.
• The physiological basis for burnout, and why understanding this is key for effective prevention and recovery.
• Thinking strategies for mitigating stress and boosting decision-making, resilience and resourcefulness.
• Diet and sleep strategies for supporting energy, effectiveness and sustainability.
Dr John Briffa, BSc (Hons) MB BS (Lond), is a medical doctor, author, speaker and facilitator specialising in the optimisation of wellbeing, performance and resilience.
A prize-winning graduate of University College London, Dr Briffa has partnered with more than 100 organisations in the UK and internationally to facilitate individual and organisational wellbeing and performance. Clients include PwC, Deloitte, Schroders, HSBC, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Allen & Overy, Norton Rose Fulbright, Tesco, Thames Water, the Irish Management Institute, and the BBC.
Dr Briffa has contributed to more than 700 articles to the mainstream press, and is the author of 9 books, including A Great Day at the Office (HarperCollins/4th Estate).