This session will share the viewpoints on laboratory waste collection from both lab workers and contractors. It will describe what you should expect from the contractors and how to prepare laboratory waste for collection.
The webinar will include information on:
- Laboratory waste collection in Waste Store
- Waste Store staff - training and information
- Waste contractor – expectation and reality
- Biggest question – unknown waste, what to do?
- How to ensure that waste contractor does what is right?
- Final recommendations
Speaker: Jing Wood, Waste and Safety Technician, Department of Chemistry, University of York. Jing is a Registered Science technician, an active member of the University Chemical Safety Forum and a member of Institute of Science and Technology.